Designation of Assessing Officer or Ward/Circle

2 comments Written on July 27th, 2010 by
Categories: IncomeTax

When filling income tax forms, there’s an entry for the Designation of the Assessing Officer and Ward/Circle. This might be irrelevant for you, but if you do need to fill it up here’s how you can get the information.

Go to

Click on Services | Know Jurisdiction.


Type in your PAN number.


And you get results like:


Write everything you see here, into that field in the IT return form. For the above you would use
KAR/C/221/1/DCIT/ACIT CIR 8(1)

Hope that helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
About the Author:
The man behind Capital Mind. Deepak is a co-founder at MarketVision, a financial knowledge company. Deepak also provides data research and consulting services, and now lives in Bangalore. Connect with him at

2 comments “Designation of Assessing Officer or Ward/Circle”

>I had left the ward blank, but system had automatically filled it when I later looked at the acknowledgment challan.