On Wednesday I was on ET Now for a short interview on what sectors I thought would do well:
The generic summary:
- Budget expectations are high, but I think they are too high.
- I don’t expect kick-ass stuff in the budget, getting cues that this is going to be a tough budget
- I would focus on Railways, Shipping and Defence as sectors
- Within Railways there’s Astra Microwave and BEML that I like (disclosure: I own them as part of the Capital Mind Premium portfolio) Also like the broad play at L&T
- Don’t like the concept of “defensives” like IT or FMCG. Would rather focus on “progressives”
- One stock I’m buying is Shipping Corporation of India which has just come into profitability and I like the sector.
Here’s a rough transcript by Economic Times.
Hope you like it!