Watch Deepak Shenoy unravel financial jargon through the use of simple Excel formulas that will help you understand when you’re being suckered into a deal. We explain in a simple and easy way, and hope you’ll take away some of the key aspects of managing your own money without getting drawn into bad products.
What We Cover
- Don’t chase returns, chase discipline: Why you should not focus on the “where to invest” mantra.
- What does it really mean when someone says you put in Rs. 100,000 per year for 10 years and we’ll give you back 20 lakh rupees after 15 years?
- Don’t get fooled: Don’t let your bank tell you that you can borrow 10K and only pay back Rs. 1.1K per month for 10 months means a 10% interest – it’s a loan at 21.25% ! This and much more.
- What would a 1 crore be of value in 20 years? How does that even relate to you today? Excel to the rescue.
- Get Smarter Returns: How much money will you lose by choosing a Regular Plan over a Direct Plan when investing in Mutual Funds?
- Saving A Little More: Small daily savings can have a significant impact on your investments. How much? We’ll show you.
- How to calculate Cashflow from the products like money-back policies, using Excel.
Let us know your questions in the comments section.
The Excel Spreadsheet
And also here’s the Excel file as a google spreadsheet. You can download it as an Excel file and use it locally.
Loved the video? Go ahead, share the video! (Links above)
Connect with us at @capitalmind_in on twitter.