The Chennai based 2 & 3 wheeler manufacturer ended 2016 on a very happy note as it was granted an Indian patent for automatic hybrid transmission (AHT) system for two-wheelers.
The invention is related to a system involving a combination of a fixed speed transmission mechanism (FSTM) and a continuously variable transmission mechanism (CVTM).
TVS Motors reported sales of 184,901 units in December, 2016 against 202,021 units during the same time last year.
- Two Wheeler sales stood at 179,508 units against 194,001 units
- Domestic two-wheeler sales at 153,413 units against 168,160 units
- Motorcycles registered sales of 58,189 units against 71,435 units
- Scooters registered sales of 55,536 units against 65,025 units
- Two-wheeler sales stood at 5,393 units against 8,020 units
- Exports were almost 2,000 units to 30,694 units
- Two-wheeler exports stood at 26,095 units against 25,841 units
Note: Sales numbers presented here are manufacturer reported sales numbers i.e. factory dispatches to dealerships. They are NOT retail sales figures to end customers.
Love it or hate it, do leave us with your reviews in the comment section below!